NATIONAL CHILD PROTECTION WEEK 2017
(3 – 9 September 2017)
Hey kids and teens!
National Child Protection Week is all about children and young people.
So we’d love to be able to use your artwork to help us spread important messages about how our community can work together to help keep children safe.
WHAT CAN I WIN?
- The winner will receive a $200 gift voucher!
- We also have four $50 gift vouchers for the runners up.
- You’ll also get credit wherever your artwork is mentioned.
WHAT KIND OF ARTWORK?
The theme of National Child Protection Week is ‘Stronger Communities, Safer Children’. Basically this means: ‘How do we build happy communities where everyone works together to protect children?’.
We want to see what things YOU think are most important in making your community happy and safe for children. What things should adults (parents, friends, family, teachers, volunteers, workers etc) be doing to help keep children safe from abuse and neglect?
For example you might like to draw a picture that shows:
- Listening to children’s ideas and opinions
- Things adults can do to support children and young people
- What a safe community looks like to you
- Ways to help families who need it
- Activities and places that are important to children and young people
- People in your community who you can turn to for help
- How to get help if you need it
- What you like most about your neighbourhood
HOW DO I ENTER?
- Draw or paint your artwork on A3 paper (can be landscape or portrait).
- Your artwork should use pictures rather than words (if you need a few words, that’s ok but no more than four please).
- Your artwork should follow the theme outlined above and should be a positive image (i.e. not mean or scary).
- Email a digital photo of your artwork to Madelene.McGrath@napcan.org.au with the subject ‘NCPW 2017 Artwork’. Make sure you keep the original of your artwork because we will need it if you win a prize.
DEADLINE: 5pm Friday 28 April 2017
WHAT IS NATIONAL CHILD PROTECTION WEEK ALL ABOUT?
National Child Protection Week (NCPW) runs from the 3rd – 9th September 2017. This is an annual campaign run by NAPCAN supported by community organisations across Australia. National Child Protection Week aims to raise awareness of children’s right to be safe and well and to encourage more adults to play their part in making this happen. During National Child Protection Week there will be lots of activities and stories about how everyone in the community can play their part in protecting children. You can find out more about National Child Protection Week on our website at www.napcan.org.au/ncpw
HOW DO I GET MORE INFORMATION?
If you have any questions, please contact:
National Stakeholder Manager
Mobile: 0408 914971